Tofurkey Sandwich

Although I love to cook as much as possible, every once in awhile I get home late, tired and ready to eat immediately, just like everybody else. On those days I love slapping together a fast sandwich and this particular one seems to make more appearances than the rest so I figured the recipe might be worthy of posting. After always pulling out three jars from the fridge just to make this sandwich, I finally made a dijonnaise relish that I keep handy for this particular creation. I rarely use 'fake meats' in my cooking or diet but I do have a soft spot for tofurkey and have convinced many that they wouldn't be missing much if they made the switch from cruelty turkey to tofurkey. I always use either spelt or sprouted wheat bread but you're welcome to use whatever bread you prefer.


Tofurkey Sandwich

2 slices of bread, preferably sprouted wheat
4 slices of Tofurkey deli slices (I used peppered)
1/2 roma tomato, sliced thin
1 romaine leaf, broken into smaller pieces
mayonnaise, to taste (1-2 tbsp)
dijon mustard, to taste (1-3 tsp)
dill relish, to taste (1-3 tsp)
dash of salt (optional)

1. Toast bread according to your darkness preference
2. Spread mayo, mustard and dill relish on both sides of bread until evenly distributed
3. Layer 2 slices of Tofurkey deli slices on each side of bread
4. Layer lettuce and tomatoes on one side of bread, sprinkling a dash of sea salt on tomatoes (optional)
5. Stack sides together, being careful not to let the tomatoes or lettuce fall off
5. Slice diagonally and enjoy!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1

1 comments:

janessa said...

Tofurky Sandwich! YUM! Maybe we should bring some on our hike this Saturday?

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers