Baked Pineapple Marinated Tofu

Sometimes recipes are born out of boredom, extra ingredients laying around or just when I feel like experimenting. I had some leftover pineapple juice the other day and couldn't figure out what to do with it. I decided to marinate tofu! I'm a big believer in marinating (I have tofu and tempeh both marinating in the fridge right now), as I believe it makes for tasty dishes that are quick to prepare. The only secret is remembering to do it early. I tend to create my marinades while cooking entirely different dishes so I can throw it in the fridge and forget about it until I go digging through a day or two later ravenous and wanting something I can throw together fast. You can seriously throw a marinade together in less than 5 minutes, which is well worth the time considering the amazing results. This slightly sweet pineapple tofu recipe can be used to top salads, in sandwiches, served as an entree with grain or potato based side dishes or simply served with dipping sauces. I recently served it with coconut creamed corn and a pineapple soy reduction and it was absolutely delightful.

Baked Pineapple Marinated Tofu

8oz extra firm tofu, patted dry and sliced
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 serrano or small jalapeno pepper, cut in rounds
1/2 lime, juiced

1. Cut tofu as you wish, no more than 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick
2. Mix all ingredients in an airtight container and mix well. Let sit for minimum half an hour or overnight
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4. Place entire contents in an oven safe casserole dish, making sure tofu is laid out flat. Bake for 1 hour or until all the liquid has been absorbed and tofu is browned. Stir contents and flip over every 10-15 minutes to distribute marinade.

Total Prep and Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Servings: 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers